Here at Ellipse Health, we are constantly emphasising the importance of prioritising protein, fueling with fat and controlling carbohydrates. This still stands for desserts! Our protein choc-blondies are full of nutrition and full of flavour.
2 scoops of vanilla protein powder (we use Banter Lifestyle Whey + Collagen Protein)
4 tablespoons almond flour
150 g butter, melted
4 tbs nut butter (we use almond, brazil and cashew nut butter)
100 mL pure cream
80 g sweetener (we use a blend of monk fruit and erythritol)
1/2 tsp Himalayan pink salt
100 g dark chocolate (minimum 78% cocoa), chopped into chunks
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line baking tray with baking paper
2. Beat eggs and mix together with cream, almond butter, sweetener and melted butter (until smooth)
3. Add almond flour, salt and protein powder, stir with a large spoon until smooth
4. Gently mix in the chocolate chunks
5. Pour into baking tray, smooth with a spatula and bake in oven for 10-15 minutes (after blondies have been in the oven for 10 minutes, we recommend checking every 2-3 minutes to ensure they are perfectly cooked to your liking!)
6. Allow blondies to cool for 15 minutes prior to cutting and serving - enjoy!
Snap a photo of your perfect protein choc-blondies and tag us on Instagram @ellipse_health